Understanding what the competition is doing can help you finalize your redesign plan. Look at what is and isn’t working as far as making emotional connections and search engine rankings.
With a clear redesign strategy, we were ready to move on to the next phase and develop a design plan.
We recognized that that our old website spoke in stuffy corporate tones that was lacking in personality and emotion. We decided to rebrand with:
- A modernized logo
- Colors that were bright and cheerful
- Imagery that was fun and invited our visitors relax and explore the possibilities
- Typography that was modern and friendly
- Landing page layout that was easy to navigate and inspired people to learn more about collecting data that they could act on
- Copy that matched our casual voice that spoke about exploring questions and discovering answers
- Pages that were responsive and mobile friendly