Understanding what the competition is doing can help you finalize your redesign plan. Look at what is and isnâ€™t working as far as making emotional connections and search engine rankings.
With a clear redesign strategy, we were ready to move on to the next phase and develop a design plan.
We recognized that that our old website spoke in stuffy corporate tones that was lacking in personality and emotion. We decided to rebrand with:
- A modernized logo
- Colors that were bright and cheerful
- Imagery that was fun and invited our visitors relax and explore the possibilities
- Typography that was modern and friendly
- Landing page layout that was easy to navigate and inspired people to learn more about collecting data that they could act on
- Copy that matched our casual voice that spoke about exploring questions and discovering answers
- Pages that were responsive and mobile friendly